Friday, July 3, 2009
A Perfect Day by Rosemary Rawlins
Wake up spooned into my favorite warm body. Throw on shorts and walk in the crisp morning air. Linger over a breakfast of buttered rye bread toast with scrambled eggs and coffee, a thick newspaper scattered over the table. Know that everyone I love is cared for and content at the moment. Stretch out on a chaise lounge on the screened-in porch overlooking the Currituck Sound and read something that sparks my curiosity and alerts my senses. Resting the book on my legs, I close my eyes and hear only the breeze and chirping of birds, and no internal voice that chides, "I need to...I should have...I wish I..." Inspiration enters here.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Please feel free to comment! We welcome constructive criticism, but comments that are obscene or otherwise offensive will be removed.